New in N-Scale – Available directly from ExactRail!
History of the Evans USRE 5277 Box Car
Through the IPD Box Car boom of the 1970's, Evans Products Company modernized their box car portfolio. With the Evans-USRE 5277 Plate C Box Car, they seemed to settle on a design formula which would characterize the company standard for modern box cars. These features included box-corrugated, non-terminating ends, Stanray X-panel overhanging roof, and riveted car sides near the end posts.
ExactRail recreates one of the common box cars of the IPD era with our team who designs, engineers and tools in the United States! Complete with NRUC herald plates on appropriate cars, etched metal stirrups, nailable steel floor, detailed, body-mounted draft boxes, and exceptionally accurate lettering and logotypes, ExactRail's Evans-USRE 5277 Box Car offers a host of exclusive features which uniquely serve the N-scale enthusiast!
The all-new N-scale Evans-USRE 5277 Box Car is only available from directly from ExactRail!
Only the Best From ExactRail
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in ExactRail's own Orem, Utah facilities!
- Factory installed Micro-Trains #1015 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive Narrow-style, body mounted draft box, featuring full nut and bolt detail
- 70 ton ASF 'Ride Control' trucks
- CNC-machined metal wheel sets with metal axles!
- Etched brass NRUC herald plates on appropriate paint schemes!
- Available in 6 paint schems of 6 road numbers!
- Etched metal stirrups